Jekka's Herb Farm Staff Vacancies
Full Time Horticulturist
At Jekka's Herb Farm we aim to inspire people to grow and use herbs as well as to gain knowledge about the power of herbs. We are delighted to have had a successful 2017 with great responses to our Masterclasses, Open Days and Gardens.
We are looking for an enthusiastic horticulturist to join our team. If you relate to our core values, which includes protecting the environment, maintaining the fundamental horticulture skills and being keen to learn and develop, then please get in touch.
At Jekka’s you will work in a small team with a large variety of tasks including developing skills in propagation of an ever expanding collection, to working with leading landscapers growing for their Chelsea gardens.
- Passion for plants and a desire to learn;
- Previous experience working in a commercial nursery;
- Experience in propagation, potting and watering;
- A good knowledge of pests and diseases;
- We are situated down a country lane, so own transport is essential.
- Management of small, diverse teams;
- Working with customers in sales and support;
- RHS level 3 or equivalent.
Working hours: 39 hours per week and must be prepared to be flexible to meet operational and visitor requirements.
Contract: Permanent position
Interview process: Successful applicants will have a phone interview with Jekka followed by an on-site interview including meeting the team.
Salary: Pay according to experience.
Applications: Please email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closes: Applications to be received by 15.03.18